Friday, August 6, 2010

The End of Summer

Our last official summer as parents of "little" kids. Starting next Thursday, we have a Kindergartener. I'm done crying over that (ok, maybe not, but I know you are all sick of hearing it - that ship has sailed).

We are trying to do something fun EVERY day with the little time we have left. I think some of the boys' favorites are the little things that don't require any $ or even leaving the house! Last night PJ turned on the sprinklers in the backyard and the boys spent a solid hour just running though the water, and we had to force them to come in! Today we had lunch with Bella and Lucy (for what would be the last Friday playdate for a while with Britton and Bella), as we've done for the last 5 years (Wow, has it really been that long?). It's great to turn the page on a new adventure, but so hard to say goodbye to "little" Britton.

Here's some pics of the fun from the last few days... More to come!

How I love this BIG boy - and his contagious smile!




Britton was given sunflower seeds to plant at the end of school in May. We planted them and have watered them religiously EVERY day. How appropriate that one finally blooms 6 days before Kindergarten!



2 comments:

Valerie said...

LOVE that sunflower and how, not only is it pretty, but how cool it is that they are about the same height and shows how those crazy kids are growing up so fast! And those zany bands (is that what they are called?) on his wrist are cracking me up especially. Now THAT is a sign of how they are turning from the little kids into the bigger ones! I'm not sure if Henry even knows what those are, but I'm sure he will before too long...:)

Kristy said...

Now stop it!!! Here I am, make-up on, and you are purposely trying to make me cry! He is such a handsome man! And so smart too, he is gonna LOVE kindergarten.