Friday, September 26, 2008

Check out "Mr. Fancy Pants" - He's 6 months today!

I can't believe it - Leyton is already 6 months! Everyone told me time would go even faster with the second one (I didn't really believe it), but holy moly. I swear I just had him yesterday. I look back over the last 6 months and can't believe how much he's changed (and how much our family has changed)! At his 6 month check-up (which was a little early - 9/15), he weighed in at 16 lbs, 5 oz, and was 26.5 inches long. That's about the size Britton was at 9 months! Leyton's developed such a sweet personality! First and foremost, he loves his brother. They really are two peas in a pod. No one can make him smile quite like Britton, and I already see him watching what Britton does so very closely; I'm sure he'll be trying to do things just like big brother very soon!


Leyton has the cutest rolls you've ever seen, and he's quite the cuddle bug, which of course we love. He is perfectly happy to sit on your lap and watch the world go on around him. He has a big smile for most everyone, although he doesn't like to get too far from Mommy and Daddy. He loves to play with his feet, and the t.v. remote is also a huge hit lately (Britton had the same fascination - sign of things to come?!?). He's sitting up all by himself (started this around 5 months), and is finally rolling both front to back, and back to front. He's starting to reach for things when on your lap (dinner plate, etc) and is really into putting anything he can get in his mouth. He does the "push up" move on his stomach and is trying to pull his knees underneath him already! I'm not ready for that! I tell him regularly that crawling is not allowed for at least another month and a half! My days may be numbered though... Britton was crawling at a little over 7 months...


We started cereal this week, and he absolutely loves it. And I mean L-O-V-E-S it. We laugh because he looks like a little bird - as soon as he sees the spoon he starts leaning forward with his mouth open and making noises - it's hysterical. He's not the best napper (his naps are pretty short!), but he's a wonderful sleeper at night (12-13 hours straight!), so I can't complain. He loves the exersaucer, johnny-jump up, being outside, and just playing with toys on a blanket.


We couldn't have dreamed of a better baby. I am enjoying every minute with him, and love to see what each new day holds for him, but it makes me said to see he's not a newborn anymore... Before I know it, he'll be a toddler... :(


Happy 1/2 birthday little buddy! We love you Leyton!

Itsy-bitsy Leyton - The day we brought him home. Check out how big the socks are on his feet (and these were preemie socks!). He was a mini one at 6 lb, 3 oz...


Leyton in his crib last week - check out how much he's grown!








This cereal stuff is YUMMY!




He loves Mimi! (...Including her ears, tail, or anything else he's quick enough to grab!)

2 comments:

Kristy said...

What a sweet pea! I love his big eyes and sweet grin...and those cheeks!!
I can't beieve what a big boy he is already!

katie said...

Happy 6 months, Leyton! Can't wait to play with you again! Love, Bennett