I realize we haven't been around much (we missed several birthday parties, church, etc, thanks to numerous factors over the last month), so what better way to catch everyone up than to steal a little bit from Letterman (whom I find absolutely hysterical - gotta love dry humor) and give the "Garcia Top 10 happenings" from the last month:
10. Leyton eating baby food! We finally started veggies this month, and I can report they are a hit. I can't shovel them in fast enough for him most days, and I love, love, love the funny faces he makes with each new veggie "discovery." He gets his arms moving so much he occasionally hits the spoon or my hand as I'm trying to get the food in his mouth which in turn catapults it to somewhere else - me, my face, his face, the floor, dog, Britton, you get the idea. I'm getting very efficient at scraping carrots, green beans, and peas from most surfaces in my kitchen.

9. Britton learning something new every day. In the last week: he's ridden his tricycle around the block (with Daddy of course), successfully navigating curbs, sidewalks, and driveways to perfection. He learned how to UNBUTTON his shirt! (Seriously!?! I struggle sometimes with this one even) He learned how to ride his cousin's "big boy" bike with training wheels (good thing "Santa" already had this one on the list). And one I'm super proud of - he hasn't had an accident at night in almost 3 weeks! He's been potty-trained for almost a year, but nights were harder. He's a very deep sleeper, and still had some trouble keeping dry at night. One day he decided he could do it, and by gosh, he did. This mommy couldn't be more proud of my little man.
8. Leyton = Daddy's boy. He still only says "Da Da" and says it constantly when PJ's around. He loves for PJ to just carry him around, and loves the games PJ plays with him. I really enjoy watching them together!

7. The pumpkin patch! We went a few weeks back and the boys had an absolute blast. Leyton enjoyed taking in all the colors and happenings around him, and really loved getting to touch all the new and different textures. (Hay was not his favorite, but he loved the smooth pumpkins!) Britton wanted to go "ONE MORE TIME, DADDY!" through the haunted house, and enjoyed being "king of the pumpkins." He fed the animals as well, although he wasn't a big fan of the goat licking his hand. :)





6. Britton and his sheer excitement for carving the jack-o-lantern. PJ and I carved them a few times before we had kids, and it was never PJ's favorite activity - in fact, I'm pretty sure he did it just so he didn't have to listen to me whine insistently. One year, he decided he could "power" through and decided to use his drill to carve. If you were lucky enough to witness the drilled jack-o-lantern, you know it was quite a sight. ANYWAY, point here is that he really got into carving it with Britton. He bought a special kit, and they spent forever hollowing it out and carving. It turned out really good, and Britton was so proud of their work.


5. Making Halloween cookies with Britton. Ok, I totally cheated here, but Britton will never know the difference. I planned to carry our Christmas tradition into Halloween and make homemade sugar cookies and let Britton frost and sprinkle (he loves doing this at Christmas), but I just ran out of time. PJ had been begging for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies (apparently Kristy had made a batch, and PJ was dying for some after he had one over there), and I decided that would fit the "Halloween Cookie" bill nicely. Britton was quite the assistant, and really enjoyed the taste-testing. :)

4. Leyton and the big ol' belly. Ok, I know this is stupid, but we have conversations about Leyton's belly several times a day. We had trouble getting Britton to gain weight (still do actually), so to have such a chunky monkey in Leyton, we are more than thrilled. I was cracking up when I put a new shirt on him this morning - it's sized 6-12 months (mind you, he's 7 months, so we are well within the range here), and I could BARELY get it over his gut. The sleeves are a little long, and the shirt itself is plenty long, but it's so tight around the middle it resembles a leotard. PJ finally just pulled the front up and left his "milk" belly hanging out. We could not stop laughing. I love it, I love it, I love it. (And I also love to kiss the super cute belly)
Note the rolls on his tummy - and yes, I cropped the picture - this is a G rated blog people!

3. Leyton's new TEETH! That's right, we have finally departed the land of the toothless. Britton had teeth at 5 months, so I was getting rather concerned when Leyton hit the 7 month mark and still no sign of pearly whites. They finally showed this past weekend, and we were so excited. Leyton on the other hand, not so happy. But with the help of a little Tylenol, he's beginning to see the light. :) I don't have any pictures of the new developments yet, but I'm working on it... He's not real cooperative with open mouth pictures.
2. The return of Calcifer (I'm sure I'm butchering the spelling here, but it's pronounced "Cal-si-fer"). This is our fire in our fireplace. Last year Britton was suddenly scared of the fire, and PJ and Britton had just watched a movie called something like "Hal and the moving castle" where the fire in the fireplace was alive and was named this... Anyway, PJ told Britton that was our calcifer and that seemed to calm Britton's nerves. He knows not to get close, and requests "Calcifer" at least once a week - even in the heat of summer (obviously he doesn't win that one).

1. Britton is still a snuggler. Even though I swear he gets bigger every single day, he's still my baby and I tell him that daily. He will still crawl in my lap and read a book or watch t.v. for a few minutes. I know he won't do that for much longer and I treasure every minute (even when I know I have 80 million things to do and no time to sit).

No comments:
Post a Comment