Friday, December 26, 2008

garcia CRAZY (but fun) christmas!

Christmas was a whirlwind of excitement this year! I don't think I sat. For like 2 days. Seriously. We spent Christmas Eve getting ready for the big event (to use a technical term that Jill and I discussed - I think I wrapped a "Bazillion" presents Tuesday night and Wednesday), exchanging gifts with our little buddy - Mark Thomas, going out to dinner before church, going to the Christmas Eve service at church, sprinkling Reindeer food on the front lawn (of which my OCD child Britton had to place just so), putting out cookies and milk for Santa, and attending the annual Garcia Christmas Shindig at PJ's parents house. On Christmas morning, we did the Santa gifts at home, then spent the better part of the day at my Mom's for gifts, lunch and family time. We did our annual 'tour of lights' on Christmas night (which consisted of Britton backseat driving, and Leyton sleeping through the whole thing). Whew! I'm worn out just typing it out.

The best part came Christmas morning when Britton and I were discussing the true meaning of Christmas, and I was so impressed to hear he truly understood the story of Christ. He rattled off answers to all of my questions with ease. PJ and I were so thrilled that all of our talk of what Christmas really was about had actually sunk in!

As for gifts, the boys CLEANED UP. I'm serious. If we don't own every toy ever made at this point, I'd be shocked. We have no more room. Santa brought Britton his first "Big Boy Bike," which he has been riding non-stop (Thanks Nino and Nina for letting Santa store it at your house!) Good thing he also threw in the helmet, knee and elbow pads because we've already had one crash. Leyton's big gift was the Learning House - we've seen this at friends' houses and it's always been a hit... I think once he can sit up again (the cast comes off Tuesday - YEA!), it will thrill him. It's hard to play with a toy like that when you are on your belly. :) My husband 'won' Christmas this year when he came through with a complete surprise - a new diamond ring! It's actually an eternity band, which is what my wedding band is. However, when we picked out our wedding bands, mine was so skinny (although beautiful - I LOVE it), the jeweler said it normally looked better with 2 bands - one on either side of the engagement ring. Since we funded our blessed event ourselves, I decided we'd just skip the second band for the time being (for cost-cutting purposes) and PJ could get it for me at some later anniversary or something. I'd honestly completely forgotten about it until yesterday. I told him he could get me diamonds anytime he wants! :)

Trenton and Britton looking very cool in their new sunglasses:

Leyton and one of his new favorite toys (which happened to be the toy Britton picked out as a gift for Leyton from him). I LOVE this picture, especially the big brown eyes!


The new big boy bike:


Leyton way excited about the Learning House:


Our annual picture by the tree:


1 comment:

Valerie said...

Way to go, PJ, on the diamonds! What a great surprise! And I have to agree with you on the Christmas story part -- I was shocked when Henry answered all my questions about the Christmas story. His favorite part is "Do not be afraid" -- what the angels said. He would run around the house yelling it, haha. :)