Probably my favorite tradition is making Christmas cookies in the days before Christmas. (Probably because my favorite activity is eating, especially anything sweet. Britton tends to take after his mother.) We did this every year when I was growing up, and I feel like it's a tradition I definitely want to pass along to my children. Jill made us the CUTEST little Christmas bag with all the "fixins" for gingerbread cookies. Britton, Leyton and I had a wonderful time making (and devouring) the little gingerbread men! Thank you Jill for the wonderful surprise!!! You truly have a gift of creativity.
A few nights later, after said gingerbread cookies were long gone, we made homemade sugar cookies! This activity generally keeps Britton's interest until his tummy is full, then PJ and I are left to frost the remaining cookies after the boys' bedtime. And PJ's a willing participant, although we never seem to have as many cookies in the end as we started with when he's helping. Hmm...
The supervisor of the entire operation:
Waiting not so patiently for the cookies to finish cooking...

No comments:
Post a Comment