1. On Tuesday afternoon, Britton and Gigi came to visit baby Leyton, Mommy and Daddy at the hospital. The nurse tech had come into the room and was chatting with us just a bit. She started to leave and asked if there was anything else we needed. PJ said, "We want a happy baby." (of course he said it with a big smile - it had been a very long day and Leyton still wasn't feeling well) Britton, who repeats everything we say, turns to the tech and said "I want to have your baby." Needless to say, he misunderstood what PJ had said and we all got a very good laugh. Britton was the hit of the nurses station long after they left that afternoon. :)
2. Apparently at school on Thursday, as Britton's class was washing hands, Britton had the following conversation with his teachers. Just to set it up a little, you should understand that they send the kids one or two at a time to the sink to wash.
Mrs. M - "Britton, do you know why you are always one of the last I call to go wash your hands?"
BK - "Because I'm talking." (I'm sure said very matter-of-factly. He sees no problem with socializing)
Mrs. M - "Well, maybe if you put your voice away next time, you could be the first one I call."
BK - Thinks about it for a minute, then says, "No, I like to talk."
And there you have it folks. Britton tells it like it is. Gotta respect the honesty. :) And apparently he has the "gift of gab" - just like his Mommy and Gigi.
For Leyton, I thought I'd post some positives from his week, which has been extremely hard. He started saying "Ba ba" (referring to Britton - who we call "bubba" a lot). He also started saying "Nah Nah" (night-night) when he's getting tired. It's so darn cute. He also had his forth tooth break through last week, so we now have the cutest 4-toothy grin on the planet. He's also mastered the art of mobility with a huge cast on his leg. He barrel rolls across the floor faster than you thought possible. He's not real happy about not being able to sit up, but he's finding other ways to play!

1 comment:
Okay... so why is poor little Leyton in a cast and why in the world are you at the hospital??? Is there anything I can do for you?
Post a Comment