Monday, April 13, 2009

the latest happys

I just wanted to write down a few of my favorite "sayings" from both boys in the last few weeks. Britton says something hysterical on a daily basis (sometimes hourly), but here's my current favorites -

1. PJ and Britton went to our church Easter Egg hunt last week and apparently the "Easter Kangaroo" was present (Yes, Kangaroo. But I think they were promoting VBS). Apparently Britton got a hug from said kangaroo and came home to tell me about it:
BK: Mom, I hugged the Easter Kangaroo!
Me: That's great BK!
BK: (With a look of disgust) But I felt a zipper on his back.
Me: And so what does that mean?
BK: It's just a costume.

So who wants to fess up to telling my child that Easter Kangaroos don't really exist?!? He said he also noticed that when he shook the Easter Bunny's paw, he felt fingers. I thought 4 year-olds weren't supposed to notice such things, and should still blissfully believe in the magic of the holidays (all holidays with dress-up creatures included)?? I'm brokenhearted by this latest development. The Easter Bunny did redeem himself somewhat on Sunday morning though by leaving a trail of eggs from Britton's room to the backdoor in the middle of the night. Tricky bunny.

2. Leyton picked up his sippy cup the other day, pointed to the liquid inside and exclaimed "WA WA!" I've never been so impressed, and he was pretty darn proud of himself. He also has started saying "Bye Bye" (or something similar) when it is said to him.

3. We went to dinner the other night, and Britton was busy eating his chicken and fries. He looked at PJ and said, "Please can I have more ketchup. Brought to you by State Farm." WHAT? Has someone been watching a little too much March Madness?? I couldn't believe he picked up the sponsor line that you so often hear on t.v. during sporting events. PJ and I were dumbfounded.

4. Also at the same dinner out, the waitress was asking Britton if he liked having a little brother. He said "Yes, and I think I'll have a little sister too." UM, NO. Not anytime soon anyway (if ever). Mom has all the babies I can handle at the moment. Good try though. :)

5. We have a gate at the bottom of our stairs to keep my youngest monkey from climbing them and hurting himself severely. So he loves the stairs (of course), and anytime Britton is up in the playroom (and he has seen me allow Britton past the gate to go upstairs), he gets very upset that I won't let him climb up as well. He then stands at the gate and screams up at Britton - "BAA BAA!" (Bubba) "BAA BAA BAA BAA BAA BAA!!!!" And on, and on.

3 comments:

Jason & Kizzy said...

I am cracking up about the "Brought to you by State Farm" line from Britton. I am amazed by what these little ones pick up on...

natrenfrow said...

LOVE IT!
Brought to you by State Farm... too funny.

The Wehr's said...

What a little smarty Britton is. I don't understand how they continue to get cuter! I agree with Britton about a baby sister. She too would be adorable, I'm sure.