So today, we headed for the OKC zoo. I have to admit I was a bit skeptical about driving all the way there to go to a zoo when we have a zoo membership to the Tulsa zoo and can go for free. :) However, this was completely worth it! There were so many more animals (that we don't have in Tulsa), and it's just an amazing zoo. First of all, it's huge. Second, it has a ton of shade, so you don't absolutely cook walking around. And to top it off, the animals were SO ACTIVE! Not once did we stand and stare an an animal sleeping in his exhibit (which seems to be the case in so many of the exhibits here). We were just floored by all the activity, plus the close proximity of so many of these amazing creatures! I'd say the family favorite of the day was definitely the Silver-back Gorilla, which was right up against the glass staring at us. We also had an Orangutan that was hanging from a hook directly above the glass, making faces at the kids and putting his hand up against BK's.
I loved the big brown bears - they just look so cuddly (yes, I know - BAD idea).
Here's the Orangutan trying to touch BK's hand. He did actually hang lower than this and touch it with his foot, but this was the best I managed to get a picture of. It was AMAZING.
But here's the winner. This gorilla was just amazing. The picture is through the glass which is why it's a little blurry, but wow. I could have just watched this guy for hours.
Leyton did amazing - so happy the entire time! I'd say his favorite animal was the fish. Not sure why, but he's obsessed with fish.

3 comments:
Great pics! I'm so glad you guys had such a great time. We did the zoo last weekend too! I sure miss you. Tell PJ we said HI and give the kiddos big hugs & kisses for us!
Sounds like a completely wonderful day! We will definitely have to check out the OKC Zoo, now. The pics were great.
Talk to you soon,
Jennifer
So glad you could come enjoy some of what OKC has to offer. The zoo is awesome! We go often. Give us a call and we'll meet you there next time.
Post a Comment