Thursday, October 29, 2009

the king

So for the first time in MONTHS (seriously like a bunch), PJ and I went on a date. Yes, for those of you "in the know," we were very spoiled and used to get date night ever Friday evening when my Mom would watch Britton for a few hours. But then came Leyton, and we lost date night. :) I'm not complaining in the least - on Friday nights, my Mom still takes BK for a few hours (and Trenton - my nephew who is just 9 months older than BK) and we get some one on one time with ley-ley which is great. Anyway, a few weeks ago Trenton couldn't come to "drop-off night" as the boys call it, and my Mom offered to come over and watch BK and Leyton. We had a gift card for dinner, so off we went! It was great - adult conversation, no screaming children, and no scraping food off all restaurant surfaces. Afterwards, we still had some time to kill, so where did we go? Target. Romantic, right? :) I needed a few things, and I LOVE Target. So as I cruised around the aisles looking at random items, PJ just kind of followed. I turned around at one point and found this following me around:


Nice, huh? Yeah, he thought he was pretty funny and wore that silently all over the store, while I frantically tried to lose the King. No such luck - he's pretty good at tracking...

3 comments:

Laura said...

Hysterical!

Valerie said...

That is classic. You all should have bought it! Come one, don't tell me you never once proudly put on a Burger King crown when you were little...;)

Of course, it's always funny when OTHER husbands do this. If Doug did it, I'd be runnin'...

The Wehr's said...

Oh, that is too funny and a little bit embarassing for you! Love it!