This year, we made a number of stops on our "Halloween Tour 2009." We started with the Pumpkin Patch a few weeks ago, which both boys loved. On Friday, we went to a Halloween party at my office and the kiddos trick-or-treated from office to office, which is always fun. On Saturday, Mommy ran the Tulsa Run, we attended a church festival, trick-or-treated at my Mom's, my Dad's, and rounded out with a trip to the Garcia family party. We were beat by Sunday, to say the least. :)
And I have to brag for a minute. I made Britton's costume this year - all by myself. I know there are lots of you that are old pros at sewing, and while I LOVE it, we never sew from a pattern. My Mom and I are famous for "just winging it" and making our own designs, so this was a bit of a challenge. It was a much harder costume than I thought and my Mom did provide direction from time to time, but I'm pretty darn proud of how cute he turned out, and the fact that it was done on time! (thanks Mom for finishing the knee pads at the last minute when my machine decided to be "temperamental" - or maybe it was user error...)
Ok, this one is just hysterical. I'm not exactly sure what that look is on his face, but this is what I got when I said "show me your mean knight face..."
Trick-or-treating at Gigi's:

would you believe he's doing his best dragon roar in this one and not screaming to be put down?

the sweetest purple dragon...
watching the animals at the Pumpkin Patch:

Leyton was more interested in climbing on the pumpkins then actually letting me take a picture of him on them. Last year was much easier when he was less mobile...


Britton doing his best scarecrow:
1 comment:
Awesome job, Lisa! You should be proud. And too funny -- this has been my other choice not only this year but also last year, and I already bought the pattern to hopefully make it for next year (if Henry is agreeable). But one of the hardest parts is finding that silver stretchy "chain" looking material that you used -- where on earth did you find it? And is that gold foil type fabric? That stuff is nasty to sew on, at least in my experience! Props to you!
Post a Comment