Thursday, February 25, 2010

Aunt Becky's Wedding and the Little Ring Bearer

So let's talk about HOW FAR BEHIND I am. Aunt Becky got married in October. :) Oh well, better late than never...

So Becky and AJ finally tied the knot. It turned out to be a great wedding, although I had my serious doubts in the planning stages (oh, and the early morning hours THE DAY OF THE WEDDING when I was frosting 8 zillion cupcakes). Becky lives in Arizona, but had decided she wanted to have a "backyard wedding" at PJ's parents new house here. They have a ton of land, and it really is the perfect "party" yard. PJ's parents worked tirelessly for months to add on to their patio, build arbors, more roofing over the patio, etc, etc. But that was really just the start. PJ's Dad built a huge dance floor among other things.

In the end, the wedding ceremony was short and sweet, and the party was great fun. She asked Britton and Alex to be the ring bearers, and they were SO cute. Becky really has great taste, and she stuck hard to her casual backyard theme, right down to the ring bearers, sending them down the aisle in black converse high tops. I had my doubts about that as well, but seriously, it was super cute. Here's a few pics from the big day - keep in mind I'm no photographer... :)

The wedding party (during the ceremony):


Becky and her Dad getting ready to walk down the aisle. Isn't she just gorgeous?!? I love how serious Britton and Alex look. Funny story - Lexi, the flower girl, was walking pretty slow down the aisle, so Britton walked back down the aisle to "help" her deposit her flower petals faster. It was hysterical.


PJ walking his mama in.

Becky and my new brother-in-law - AJ. We LOVE him! He's a soccer player and has the same initials as PJ (whose initials are really AJ. Really. I know. Stick with me here.)


A little pre-wedding bounce for Ley-Ley with Daddy on the trampoline.

I LOVED the decorations she had - just beautiful! Tons of lights and these huge paper flowers. It really was a magical atmosphere.



My handiwork. Yep. ALL the cupcakes were frosted by me, or Laura, one of the bridesmaids. And this picture doesn't even show the half of it.



Britton and Leyton shakin it with Gigi. They just danced, and danced, and danced.

So now, it would all be perfect if we could just talk Aunt Becky and Uncle AJ into moving back to Tulsa (currently in Tucson)! We miss you guys!

No comments: