So a little about my big boy these days... At his two year check-up, he was 26lb, 6 oz (30%), 35 inches (75%!?! - Umm, really? He's tall? Have you seen his parents?) Leyton is talking up a storm - starting most sentences with "I wanna..." I wanna a snack. I wanna wawa (water). I wanna Mickey Mouse (wants to watch Mickey). I wanna Britton Amo. (I want to tell Britton "Amo" - which is I love you in Spanish). He loves to repeat anything we say - and I do mean ANYTHING, so we have to very careful! Yesterday, he said (completely on his own) - "Sorry, I broke it" when he accidentally broke an old toy cell phone. He can name almost any animal, and tell you the sound it makes. He can name all of his family members (immediate and most of his extended), and calls "roll" regularly. :) He can count to 10 on his own, and Britton can help him get to 20. He knows a ton of songs, and loves to sing and shake it. We are working on colors, and he can name quite a few shapes. He loves to read, and has recently become quite the artist - asking to "Keelah" (color) at least 5 times a day. I could go on and on, but I'll stop. I'm just so proud of my little man! :)
Here's a few pics from the last week of birthday celebrations! First, a picture from the zoo. They seem to fit in well, don't you think? :) There's a really old pic of John, Kristy, me and PJ in this same monkey thing floating around somewhere, but we won't be posting that. But it is good for a laugh (too bad I'm not willing to share it - it's funny on so many levels)

Blowing out the candles at Gigi's house:

Note the sand bucket he's holding in this picture. This was his favorite gift. After he opened this one, he no longer cared what else there was.
"Mom! I'm just trying to HELP him open it." (Uh huh, yep, not buying that)
Finally, it's open and it's MINE!
The party goodies!
A big smile from the birthday boy! I LOVED the ears my Mom made for him to wear - SO cute! Thanks Mom!

1 comment:
Happy Birthday to your little boy! It's hard to believe how fast it all goes. Trite, but true. And those mickey cookies are amazing!
Post a Comment