Friday, May 21, 2010

5 years, 2 wheels, and 1 blessed mama

A little late on the Mother's Day post, but better late than never.

I just can't believe this was my 6th Mother's Day to celebrate as a Mommy (7th if you count the one right after we found out we were expecting sweet Britton)! Time flies! And each year it's just as special as the last. The boys and PJ got me new running shoes for Mother's Day and each of the kids made me a fun little handmade item at church and school. I went to a Mother's Day tea with Britton in Excel, and LOVED it. As usual, I cried at least once. They had each made a star to say something special about their mom, and mine said "SPECTACULAR." Such a big word for my little man, and what an honor!


But the best mother's day gift was what Britton learned on Mother's Day. He picked up a bike while we were at PJ's Grandma's (one without training wheels) and decided he was going to ride it. Keep in mind we haven't even tried taking the training wheels off his bike at home. One trip down the cul-de-sac with Grandma running along behind, and he had it. PJ tried to run down the street with him once, at which point Britton said, "DAD! LET GO! I'VE GOT THIS!" Um, ok. So my sweet little Britton is now a 2-wheel-no-training-wheels-bike-rider and I couldn't be more proud! I think PJ's a little disappointed that he didn't get to teach him, but really, no one did! Britton just decided he could do it, and did! He obviously has his father's athletic ability - you know, the kind that you show them something once, and they are suddenly a superstar. It's completely unfair (especially for those of us that have to work forever to be good at something). But hey, glad he got it! :) You can't tell from the picture because you can't see PJ's right arm, but PJ is NOT holding on to the bike... He's just running along beside. This was about 30 seconds after Britton picked up the bike!


LOVE my sweet BK!


And how could I leave out my munchkin?!? He's the cutest little soccer player I know! Love this little man!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Way to go, Britton! I am impressed, especially since I have a five-year-old who just gives me a dirty look when I even suggest the idea of later in the summer maybe trying it out with Mama or Papa holding on for practice. So I know how impressive that is! :)