He's come such a long way. From a such a peanut (seriously, that's what they called him in the hospital nursery because he was such a bright-eyed little, little, guy) to such a bright, happy, (and yet, still little :) ) almost-Kindergartener. I look at Britton and I know we are on the edge of embarking on a new exciting journey, and I'm sure it will hold so many new fun memories and milestones... But it's just one step closer to him growing up, and I'm just not ready! Ok, enough crying from me. HAPPY TIMES now from what is the best preschool around.
Britton won the Spanish award from his class! He knew every word they learned throughout the year - they had Spanish a couple times a week - probably helped that it's his Aunt that teaches it. :) Also, his Grandma Cindy primarily talks to the boys in Spanish, so he knows quite a bit from her. You know, especially useful phrases like "sit down," "no spitting", "no running", "no hitting," etc. The list of phrases I'm sure he'll use daily out in the corporate world one day goes on and on. :) And if you haven't heard the one for stinky diaper, well, that's another little gem I won't share here. But both my boys are VERY familiar with it. :)
I cannot even begin to tell you everything he learned this year. He has come SO FAR! I'm so proud of all his accomplishments and am so thankful for the WONDERFUL teachers he has been blessed with throughout the last 4 years. Seriously. Like so good, I'm afraid no other teacher he'll ever have will live up to the ones he had at the Kirk (especially this last year - OMG they were awesome).
So if you've made it this far in this blubbering mess of a post, I'm impressed. Here's a few pics from his graduation ceremony and his last year at the Kirk... And be sure to watch the video - it's the "Excel Chant" they sang this year and it's hysterical.
Marching in (sooo proud of themselves! Love how they all have their hands behind their backs):

Britton and PJ's parents:
Getting his "diploma" with Mrs. McKenzie and Mrs. Jezek:
Family Pic

The Excel Chant - Britton still sings this daily:
Marching in (sooo proud of themselves! Love how they all have their hands behind their backs):
Britton and PJ's parents:
The Excel Chant - Britton still sings this daily:
And even though Leyton isn't leaving the preschool just yet, he's officially out of the Toddler class and into the TWO's! Such a big boy! We've come such a long way from the little man that cried when we dropped him off the first few weeks of school! He lovingly refers to his teachers as "Jones" (Tracey Jones), "Susan" (Susan Peterson), and "Awwbrey" (Aubrey Adams). He's still asking when he goes back to "gigi's house" (AKA the preschool) to see his "fwiends." Thanks Ladies for making Leyton's first year at the Kirk so special!

2 comments:
Aw, such sweet - and unbelievable BIG boys! :-)
And Aubrey taught my little girls ballet and tap... such a sweetie!
You know, nothing but more and more proud moments heading your way! Britton is gonna do great things!
Post a Comment