Sunday, June 12, 2011

Summer already?

It seems the years just move faster and faster, the older my kids get.  I swear we just started Kindergarten.  How is it I'm now the proud momma of a first grader and a three year old?!?  Doesn't that officially make me old?  Anywho, both boys had a great year.  We were blessed with a wonderful teacher for Britton, as well as some great kids in class with him.  Britton made some new friends, learned a lot, and really wasn't all that ready for school to end!  I hope he always maintains that enthusiasm for learning.  :)  Leyton had 4 fabulous teachers as well, and as always, wonderful kids in his classes.  He still loves school, loves learning new things, and playing with his friends each day.  He's very excited to move to the "big kid" wing of the preschool (closer to Gigi, always a bonus), and most importantly, play on the BIG playground (it's the little things around here).

Leyton with Miss Ariel and Ms. Susan


Mrs. LeBlanc and Mrs. Hopkins


Britton and Mrs. Jinks...  Poor Mrs. Jinks hurt her ankle terribly just a few days before the end of school, and spent the last 3 days on crutches...  with kindergarteners!  She's a brave woman...



Britton and life-long friend, Bella (and I'm so upset I didn't notice her eyes were closed until I got home!  Still a great picture of her though - such a beautiful smile!).  We were so thrilled to have her in the SAME class this year!  I can't believe how much they've grown, even just since August!  They both are "old hats" at this elementary school thing these days!



Also a few pics from the end of year bash at JWE...  "Where the West Goes Wild" was the theme, and they had several wild animals for the kids to touch (scare me to DEATH).  Britton was absolutely fascinated with them!


I'm just not real trusting of the rubberband around his snout...

No comments: