"Happys" is actually a term my Dad uses when buying the kids gifts. To him, it refers to a small gift, not necessarily something they asked for, but something that brings a huge smile to their face. Each year, he buys each boy a few "happys" for Christmas or Birthdays and it just makes me (and them) smile. So in this case, I'm using "Happys" in a completely different sense. To me, happys are those little things my boys do that make me smile or laugh for just a minute. Nothing earth-shattering, but those things I want to remember in years to come.
Britton continues to use some huge words that just keep me in stitches. This past week, he apparently told my Mom that dinner was "decadent." Not a word we use (EVER really), but apparently he used it correctly. He picks up the darnedest things. Over the weekend, PJ and I were kidding around and I told PJ I was omniscient, so he couldn't get away with anything. Of course Britton asked what 'omniscient' meant, and I said "all knowing." I told him that he was pretty omniscient these days. He looked and me and without missing a beat said, "Yeah, I know lots of stuff."
Leyton has realized that he can see me in the mirror in the car (you know, the mirror mounted in the backseat so that I can see him when he's rear-facing). He will lean towards the mirror, and go "AHHH!" As soon as I look, he starts laughing at me. It's the cutest game you've ever seen, but a little tricky to play and drive at the same time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment