It's with mixed emotions that I say, it's official, our house is on the market. We've been looking for a new (bigger!) house for about 18 months. PJ and I finally decided that it was stupid to just look, and look, and look, but never commit to anything because we hadn't sold (or even tried to sell) our house. We decided last year we'd wait until this summer to put the house up, but when the interest rates dropped in November, we decided it was time to go!
Emotionally though, it's like a roller coaster. I'm so excited to get the boys more room to run and play, and essentially start the next chapter in our life. But it's so scary to consider leaving this house, this home. PJ and I kid that we have done a lot of growing up here. We moved in when we had only been married 7 months, and kids weren't even a thought yet. It was our dream "starter" home and we could hardly wait. We had the house built, and watched it every step of the way. We came every day to see the progress, and I remember being so excited when they finally poured the foundation. We picked out cabinets, paint, tile, carpet, and grout. It was our house.
And now, I get so excited to leave in one minute, and in the next I choke back tears thinking of all the memories we've made in this house. We brought Mia here as a two month old puppy. We lovingly painted walls, laid wood flooring, and dug flowerbeds. We found out kiddos were on the way in this house, and one rainy New Year's Day we brought home our first sweet baby, Britton Kasey. We've laughed, cried, and loved being a family in this house.
I know it's just been 7 years, which is so very far from a lifetime. I know the next house will hold many more memories just as special. But there will never be another "first" house, and this one will always hold a special place in our hearts. And I hope the next family loves it just as much as we have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What a sweet post! I asked Kizzy tonight if you had a blog, so I found yours through her blog site.
Love the pictures and stories of your kids...I will keep checking back so I can keep updated on what is going on with you all!
Have a great week
Post a Comment