I'll update again tomorrow with his official stats and his latest "tricks," but I wanted to post some pictures and tell a little about his big day. Since it's Thursday, Leyton had school today. He's a little young for me to send special cupcakes to celebrate with, so we settled for birthday hats instead. His teachers of course made his day extra special (greeting us this morning with a big "Hi Birthday Boy!" when I dropped him off), and told me they took the hats to music class where they all wore them and sang Happy Birthday to Leyton.
After school, we went to pick up Britton and see Gigi, (who planted no less than eighty million birthday kisses on the birthday boy) then it was home for his favorite dinner - Spaghetti! He loved every bite, and we had to cut him off so he could save room for home-made birthday cupcakes. Leyton also received a phone call this evening from Grandma Cindy who sang Happy Birthday to the big boy!
So here's where I probably didn't make the smartest move... I thought it would be fun to have something other than vanilla or chocolate cake since we've already had that a couple times this week (between his cousin T's b-day yesterday, and Leyton's b-day celebration with PJ's parents earlier in the week). So what did I choose?!? How about RED VELVET? Apparently I lost my mind, and it dawned on me as I was making the very red cupcakes that they might create a small mess. Well, he sure enjoyed eating his yummy red velvet cupcake, (they tasted great), but he did sort of look like he devoured a small animal afterwards. :) Oh well, lesson learned, and the most important part... He LOVED it!
He's such a handsome one-year-old!
Yum... Spaghetti... (I love this picture)

No comments:
Post a Comment