Tuesday, April 7, 2009

a week of "firsts!"

The week of Leyton's birthday was a huge week for him. Not only was it his FIRST birthday, but he had his FIRST taste of sweets (in the form of multiple birthday cakes/cupcakes), his FIRST trip to the zoo, FIRST haircut, and one more small item: his FIRST steps!!! At his check-up, he weighed in at 20 lbs, 13.5 oz, and was 29.5 inches long. I realize that's not huge, but in the Garcia world (where we are referred to as "the Keeblers" by many of PJ's relatives), this is a pretty good size kiddo!

He is talking more and more, and is getting to be quite the walker. He still prefers crawling (because he's so darn fast that way), but we catch him taking steps here and there regularly. I'm never quick enough with the camera, but I'm just so thrilled we SAW him taking his first steps. This week he's a little under the weather with a double ear infection (and two ruptured eardrums - ouch!) but I know he'll be back to his busy self in no time. :) Here's some fun pics from the last couple of weeks:

This one is just funny. I had pushed the racks on the dishwasher in (I was working in the sink right next to him), and apparently he really wanted the plastic fork, so he just climbed in himself to get it. I turned around to find him sitting in the dishwasher. :)


This was at the zoo... It was cold and a little rainy, but it turned out perfectly because all the animals were the most active I've ever seen! Even the polar bear was swimming all over and kept coming to the window to bump his nose into it (*the polar bear is always asleep when I'm there so this was quite a treat!)!


Leyton with Tia Anna, who gave him his first haircut! Better, no? :)

This picture was from his birthday party (which I'll post more pics of later). Think he liked the cake? :)

Grandpa Poncho and Grandma Cindy gave him a wooden rocking horse, which he loves!

2 comments:

Courtney (Holt) Perot said...

So adorable! I love the pics and am so proud of Leyton! It was good to talk to you today- I sure hope we can catch up next week!

Kristy said...

He looks like such a big boy with his new haircut! I love it!