Thursday, May 21, 2009

8 things

Valerie did this on her blog and I thought it was such a cool way to just get a glimpse into your friends' daily lives. :) Here's mine:

8 things I am looking forward to:
1. A mini family road trip this weekend! We love taking the boys on short day trips! I think we will be headed to Joe's this weekend... Britton informed me he needs "a new Pistol Pete shirt. This time with bullet." Hmmm....
2. Leyton's ears FINALLY being ear-infection free!
3. Taking the boys to the splash park this summer (Britton asks almost EVERY DAY if it's open yet)
4. Girl trip! Don't know where we are going yet (or when), but we've been talking about this for over a year!
5. Stolen from Valerie's list - Being totally debt free! We have become crazy Dave Ramsey watchers and are really working hard on this! Very close now...
6. Taking both boys to the swimming pool this summer. Britton is a fish, and Leyton is old enough now to go as well (last year he was still just too little).
7. Leyton's first summer at Summer Camp / Preschool with Gigi! I think Gigi's the MOST excited about this one!
8. Playing indoor coed soccer again with my hubby and friends - starting this week! Always a good time!

8 things I did yesterday:
1. Played my last outdoor women's soccer game for the season. We won!
2. Took the boys to eat lunch with Daddy at Chick-fil-a
3. Hit the GAP baby sale
4. Dusted the whole house
5. Wrapped teacher's gifts for Leyton's last day of school
6. Read another chapter of our Bible Study book - 'A Heart like His'
7. Worked from home
8. Worked on the book Britton and I are making of "his favorite things"

8 things I wish I could do:
1. Spend more time with the boys and my husband
2. Travel more - I'd love to go back to Europe (I can never get enough of that continent)
3. Run a marathon (*note the key word is WISH! Never going to happen - I don't like running that much. Just wish I could say I could!)
4. Learn to shoot photos like the professionals. Really - I suck
5. Wear a bikini (or any swimsuit for that matter). Seriously. This big ol' leftover baby belly is not cute in anything form fitting. :(
6. On that same note, tummy tuck anyone? :)
7. Decorate my house. It would be easy - if money grew on trees. I see so many things I like!
8. Have more hours in each day. I swear there's just not enough time. Ever.


8 shows I watch:
(ha, ha, if you only knew my DVR was backed up with 2 months of shows I haven't watched yet!)
1. Criminal Minds (my new found love)
2. Survivor
3. Lost (can this series please just end already? I can't quit now - I've been watching for 5 years, but really, I'm done.)
4. Flashpoint (another new one I love that I don't have time to watch)
5. Friday Night Lights
6. House
7. So You Think You Can Dance
8. The Office

8 bloggers I'm tagging:
Yeah, I'm not going to tag anyone. But if you play, let me know and I'll read it!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Yay for the list! I enjoyed reading it -- that first one about Britton and the Pistol Pete with a bullet had me laughing. And we need to have some big playdate swim parties this summer. Our pool is ready to go!