Back at home, we hit the neighborhood park where the boys played and played. After opening presents, we ate his special birthday dinner - spaghetti, as requested - and had homemade birthday cake. I think it was a great day for all of us!
So a little about BK this year... We've now lost 2 teeth, he loves Kindergarten, playing soccer, basketball, and gymnastics, and keeps us laughing with his antics. His latest is the imitation of "Peggy" the man/woman on the credit card commercial (see it here). It's hysterical and he does it perfectly. I think we have finally broken 40 lbs, and he's actually about average for height (shocking for this family, I know). He's become quite the reader and we are so very proud of him in every way. I love my little man more than words, and he'll always hold a very special part of my heart as my firstborn.
And for those wondering, for some reason this year was much easier on me than last year. It's still sad that my sweet little peanut is growing up WAY TOO QUICKLY, but I love what each new age brings.
Lunch at Joe's:
Celebrating at home (Please excuse my Mr. Roger's jacket. It was cold in my house today!)
ETA: At his 6 year check-up, he weighed in at 40.2 lb, which is in the 15th percentile (Hey, we are so thrilled to be over 40 lb finally), and 45 inches tall (45th %)! YAY for an "average" height kiddo in our family!

1 comment:
I can hardly believe these boys are SIX (well, Henry will be in April anyways). Time goes WAYYYYYY too fast!
Post a Comment