Saturday, December 18, 2010

Then and Now

It's amazing how much things change in 8 years. In 2002, we went to Dry Gulch (the Christmas Train) with John and Kristy - no kids (unless you count PJ and John, and yes I guess they do count). I don't remember many details of that trip, other than PJ and John absolutely shaking it in the middle of the Christmas village to whatever Christmas song was on and laughing so hard I nearly peed my pants. I don't even remember riding the train, although I was informed this time that we did (I hope so, since we drove an hour to get there). :)

This year was a bit different. We made the trek again, although this time in 2 cars since we are now too big of a crowd for a single car. One 5 year old and two 2 year olds in tow, things were a bit crazier. I think we corralled them well though and managed to leave with all children we came with. :) They rode the Elf train, saw Santa (no pictures b/c we decided we weren't paying for a picture - yep, we're cheap like that), played on the playground, rode the Christmas train, and had dinner. The boys are still talking about it! Church on the Move really does a great job of telling the story of Christ, but I will say there are a few parts that were maybe a bit too graphic for little ones. (Like the very real-looking, live Crucifixion). But it was fairly easy to divert little eyes and keep them from really seeing some of those parts, so don't let it keep you from going.

2002: Wow. We look so YOUNG...




And 2010! I didn't get a pic of me and Kristy this year... Wish I had!


Absolutely HUGE corndogs...


The Elf train!



Britton patiently waiting for his turn on the Christmas train. He really did so good helping with the little boys and was so patient - I was so proud of him!


Probably one of my favorite pics of these two... They really are the best of friends, and it's so cute! They talk on the phone now - it's hysterical to listen to... ;)

And this was Leyton when we got home - poor kiddo was DONE... No nap at school that day + long night at the Christmas train = one pooped Leyton.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Oh- you beat me to it!! I'll have to post some of mine too. You should see my pic of Mark and Leyton "hugging" - it looks like Mark is strangling Leyton! I can't beleive you found the old ones! We look so cool!