I'm very blessed to have a wonderful family that treats me like a queen on Mother's Day (and most every day of the year!). My two boys and hubby are the sweetest around, in my very biased opinion! This year, they did a number of special things for me, but my favorite is always the cards. PJ generally picks one out and it's from all three of them, but this year Britton also wanted to give me one of his own. Completely unprovoked, he went into his room yesterday afternoon, found an old Valentine's card I had given him several years back, and re-decorated it to be a Mother's Day card for me - complete with a drawing of the whole family, and the names to match each person. He came out to find me, quietly said "Happy Mother's Day" and pulled the card from behind his back. That was
by far the highlight of my day. We also saw both of our Mom's - PJ's Mom at lunch; and my Mom came over for a family dinner. The boys had a great time playing with their cousins at both gatherings, and we loved getting to catch up with everyone.
This is one of my new favorite pics - Grandpa Poncho sporting the apron we gave Grandma Cindy for Mother's Day. Both our Moms love to cook and I decided these would be perfect gifts (thanks Katie, for the idea!). Since it was MOTHER's Day, the Dads were cooking... Somehow it was just not the same on Grandpa. :)


1 comment:
I loved your story about the homemade Mother's Day card...too sweet!
I like being the only girl in the family too!
You are a great mommy!
Post a Comment